Technology Training and Resources
Need in-district training? Call 1-800-667-0665 for scheduling.
Click here to check the RPDC workshop catalog for technology workshops.
Technology training can be tailored to meet the needs of your district.
iPad Training (Training can be customized to meet the needs of your district)
What can you do with just one iPad in the classroom?
21st Century Skills and iPads, What's the Connection?
iPad Basics, Tips and Tricks for Effective Use
SMART Notebook v11-Beginner Training (6 hours)
- Getting started: Learn about hardware components, how the SMART Board interactive whiteboard works and the basic principles of touch, write and save.
- Working with Ink Aware applications:Learn to write directly into Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software.*Basic Design in Notebook software: Add images and interactivity to lesson activities created in Notebook software. Learn how to maneuver through the software using tabs, toolbars and menus, and discover how to create properties, change properties and manipulate objects.
- Instructional design for interactive whiteboards: Learn design techniques for setting up lessons on an the SMART Board interactive whiteboard.
You will receive a Notebook software learner workbook that includes reference material, step-by-step activities and review exercises.
Intended Audience: New users of SMART Board interactive whiteboards or Notebook software.
SMART Notebook v11-Intermediate Training (6 hours)
- Intermediate Design in Notebook Software: Learn how Notebook software can help you to structure lessons more effectively. Use new tools and add rich media content to lesson activities.
- Delivering Lessons and Leveraging Interactive Tools: Learn best practices for teaching with an interactive whiteboard.
- Tools for Assessing Student Learning: Learn how to use notebook software in assessment evaluations of your students and their work.
Review Other Media to enhance your lessons and increase student engagement. Learn how to create voki (a speaking avatar) right into SMART Notebook.
You will receive a Notebook software learner workbook that includes reference material, step-by-step activities, and review exercises.
Intended Audience: New users of SMART Board interactive whiteboards who have completed a basic or beginner session.
SMART Response Training
- Setting up SMART Response, creating classes, class lists
- How SMART Response works in SMART Notebook software-creating questions, question sets, quizzes, exams, etc.
- How to deliver assessments, generate student/class reports, and online resources
SMART Notebook training is led by a SMART Certified Trainer who works with SMART products every day. By the end of the workshop, you'll be comfortable creating and organizing lessons using the SMART Board interactive whiteboard and Notebook software.